Now that we have a dedicated website for our 50th Reunion, the task at hand is to get everyone informed. In a few weeks, there will be a comprehensive list of missing classmates, but for now--spread the word!
Image
March 4, 2018

Seventy is the new fifty?

Happy Birthday to Us!!! We are or will be 70 this year and, quite frankly, we don't look it. There has been chatter among the '66 grads about celebrating together in a single blowout 70th birthday party. So the question is, what do YOU think? From what I've been hearing, June appeals to some people and late summer/early fall to others. Also, the idea seems to be to keep it simple--find a venue (which will depend on the number attending) and set a time.

Before we set up a poll page on this website, let's hear what you think. Chime in with your ideas, what would work best for you, etc.

Comments

Hide Comments (9)       Add a new comment
Sherry Cossyphas on March 5, 2018 2:32 PM
I think this is a great idea and I would be able to attend if it does take place in June. I will not be able to make the trip in July, August, or September due to prior commitments.

Looking forward to seeing y’all. No kidding, I still cannot quite believe we are turning 70!
Sherry Grover Cossyphas
Dennis Dean on March 5, 2018 8:03 PM
Sounds like a great idea, I didn't get to attend the 50 year reunion

Larry Willis on March 5, 2018 8:29 PM
It's always good to see old friends.  June sounds good for a get together but so does having something in the fall.  The great thing about retirement is we can manage our own schedule.

Go Northmen!   Larry Willis

Diana (Crocker) Beem on March 5, 2018 11:22 PM
June seems like a good time. Great idea!

Pat (Henson) Julian on March 6, 2018 3:46 PM
I'd much prefer September/Fall timeframe - but will go with the consensus and do my best to be there. Seventy or 17 - the years seem to fall away when we get together and remember the good times!

Thanks, Toni, for getting the ball rolling.  Again.  I appreciate you!

~ Pat Julian

Pat (Henson) Julian on March 6, 2018 5:18 PM
I'd love to celebrate our 70th birthdays - what a great, round number!
September/Fall would work better for me, but I'm happy to go with the consensus and will do my best to join all of you.
I think just a general get together for lunch idea would be easiest to plan for all involved.
Looking forward to rolling back the years again -
Pat (Henson) Julian
OP66

Linda (Stewart) Mayfield on March 6, 2018 6:29 PM
This sounds like a great idea.  70 being the new 50 especially!   We are expecting a new grandbaby in June so that might NOT be a good month for us to be away from home.  Fall would be better in my case but I would make an effort whenever it is!

Fredrick McGraw on March 8, 2018 1:21 PM
Sounds like a great idea, and I would try to make it if at all possible.

Bird Jim/Jackie on March 10, 2018 11:46 PM
Really?  You guys are 70??!!  Mid June to mid July good for us.  September not so good. Let us know!  Like seeing the ‘old gand’

Hide Comments (9)       Add a new comment